Tuesday 11 September 2012

e.l.f. Twitter Chat: KEY AW12 Beauty Trends - The Highlights

Last week we held our Friday e.l.f Chat where we discussed some of the seasons key trends! Here is the summary of the highlights of the session!

TOPIC: “KEY AW12 Beauty Trends which looks are you looking forward to and which ones will you be avoiding?”

TREND ONE: GRAPHITE EYELINER

Eyeliner has taken a new turn this season with sharp crisp lines in all kinds of weird and wonderful shapes and sizes! It most definitely wont be a look for the shy wall flower though! We asked you guys what you thought and here are some of the general feedback we got from you!



: I'm not too keen on it, I don't like the line on the inside of the eye. But the flick is nice at the edge

: I'd like to experiment a bit, instead of just a basic line and flick!

I love playing with eyeliner. All shapes & sizes :) 

TREND TWO: COBALT BLUE EYES
Cobalt Blue eyes is big news this season but whilst it may look incredible on the catwalk. Some will love it, some wont!

We asked who's be braving this trend and heres what you guys had to say:

MT fab idea! : Cobalt blue eyes! How Interesting! Anyone be taking on this look come AW!

: already have & loved it!

: I have blue eyes - I think a bold deep blue eyeliner can work or electric blue mascara! Daring yet wearable :)

:Blue on blue for life! I think if you take the colour and go a little darker, almost navy it can look really strong 

: I think it would encourage too many strange looks so not for me!

Not sure the colour would suit, but maybe worth a try to find out!

I love the colour, but not so much a fan of what they've done with the cobalt blue! 

TREND THREE: BOLD BROWS
Bold, statement brows is another trend that may not be easily translated off the catwalk! However we are thinking more along the lines of natural brows than overgrown caterpillars! 

Here's what you guys thought:

: I don't like really 'bushy' brows, but I like them to be well defined and frame the eyes nicely!

I'm an inbetweener when it comes to brows.

not that thick but i think they look better than thin ones :) 

At least statement brows means we can cater more for our own natural shape rather than that uniform thin shape :) 

 So what you think guys? Would you ditch or don any of these looks? Let us know in the comment box below! :)

e.l.f x

5 comments:

  1. of course like your website but you have to test the spelling on several of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling problems and I to find it very bothersome to tell the reality on the other hand I’ll definitely come again again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been surfing online more than 3 hours these days, yet I by no means found any attention-grabbing article like yours. It is beautiful value enough for me. In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will probably be a lot more useful than ever before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the top look, but the inside lines on it should stay on the catwalk!
    Look two is great but not sure i'd have the guts to pull it of myself,
    and I have statement brows anyway, I love this trend!

    Looking forward to A/W12:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fact that this fall its still about color and using color. The eyeliner trend is sooo hot to me right now and even though i won't be wearing it as extreme as the runway models, i will be trying out different colors like having a bare lid but using dark green liner or the cobalt blue, and purple!! I'll even experiment with different shapes and not just the original wing-it. From now on my elf beauty routine will consist of tone correcting concealer, mineral booster sheer, eyebrow treat and tame in dark and eyebrow kit in dark, blushing rose blush, shimmer eyeliner pencil in gunmetal, waterproof eyeliner pen in teal, black, and purple, and my lip balm with spf 15 in nice and natural...FALLING FOR FALL :D

    ReplyDelete

We would love know what you think! Leave us a comment below it will make our day! :0) Thanks!